Re: [Proposal] Allow pg_dump to include all child tables with the root table

От Cary Huang
Тема Re: [Proposal] Allow pg_dump to include all child tables with the root table
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Spec compliant:           not tested
Documentation:            not tested

Hi

the patch applies fine on current master branch and it works as described. However, I would suggest changing the new
optionname from "--with-childs" to "--with-partitions" for several reasons.

"childs" is grammatically incorrect and in the PG community, the term "partitioned table" is normally used to denote a
parenttable, and the term "partition" is used to denote the child table under the parent table. We should use these
termsto stay consistent with the community.

Also, I would rephrase the documentation as:

any.

thank you

Cary Huang
HighGo Software Canada