Re: rules regression test failed on mingw

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: rules regression test failed on mingw
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Jaime Casanova wrote:
>> while 'ch' and 'll' are independent letters they sort as they were 'c'
>> and 'l'... that means that 'ch' should go before 'ck'

> Interesting.  So they are both wrong, glibc and teachers.  We can file a
> bug with glibc but I'm not sure we can do a lot about the other "bug".
> Thanks for the research.

But I don't see this sorting behavior with glibc on Linux (Fedora 9 to
be exact, testing LC_COLLATE=es_ES.utf8).  Does the mingw build actually
use glibc's strcoll() code, or is it somehow depending on Windows system
functionality?

I'm also wondering if the behavior is somehow affected by encoding ...