documentation clarification of tsvector length limitation

От PG Doc comments form
Тема documentation clarification of tsvector length limitation
Дата
Список pgsql-docs

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/15/textsearch-limitations.html

I'm suggesting a documentation clarification to the statement "The length of
a tsvector (lexemes + positions) must be less than 1 megabyte" from the page
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/textsearch-limitations.html.

It's not clear what "length" here means, especially in light of the
parenthetical "(lexemes + positions)". Only lexemes and positions but not
weights?

The length() function on a tsvector gives the lexeme count, is that the
limit here? Or would the storage space returned with the pg_column_size
function give the length to which this limitation applies? (Trying this out,
it gives numbers somewhat larger that what I get when looking at the text
representations I see when querying the tsvector column.)