Re: Two different methods of sneaking non-immutable data into an index

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Two different methods of sneaking non-immutable data into an index
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> While chatting with Haas off-list regarding how the new array/string
> functions should work (see the thread in its glory here:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org/msg148865.html)
> the debate  morphed into the relative pros and cons about the proposed
> concat() being marked stable vs immutable.  I did some checking into
> how things work now, and found some surprising cases.

Er ... "now" being defined as what?  I can't replicate your results in
HEAD.  In particular, textanycat isn't immutable anymore.

The DROP CAST case is a bit interesting.  We don't record a dependency
on the cast as such, but on the underlying function --- if you'd tried
to drop the function you'd not have been allowed to.  It is a bit
peculiar that dropping the cast causes the meaning of a::text to change,
but I'm not sure there's much we can do about that.  In any case, it
seems like that's not nearly as much of a hazard as doing CREATE OR
REPLACE FUNCTION and changing the computation done by the function.
We could disallow that maybe, but that cure seems worse than the
disease.

Сообщение: Re: Drop one-argument string_agg? (was Re: [BUGS] string_agg delimiter having no effect with order by)
Сообщение: Re: Drop one-argument string_agg? (was Re: [BUGS] string_agg delimiter having no effect with order by)