Re: ecpg long int problem on alpha + fix

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ecpg long int problem on alpha + fix
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Michael Meskes <meskes@postgresql.org> writes:
>> all exist on alpha and are all 64 bits, but HAVE_LONG_LONG_INT_64 is not
>> defined, so ecpg cannot handle ECPGt_long_long types. It is not clear to

> I see. I was under the impression that HAVE_LONG_LONG_INT_64 should be
> defined if long long int is 64 bit integer which of course it is on the
> alpha.

No!  Look at the configure test!  It doesn't bother to investigate long
long int if it finds that long int will serve.  At most one of the two
symbols will be defined.  I believe that that is the correct way, at
least for the backend's purposes, since we only want to compile one set
of int64-related code.