Re: Removing oids with pg_repack

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Removing oids with pg_repack
Дата
Список pgsql-general
CG <cgg007@yahoo.com> writes:
> I have the fallback position for the Percona ETL strategy. But I feel like I'm REALLY close with pg_repack and I just
don'tunderstand enough about the system internals to nudge it to correctness and need some expert assistance to tap it
inthe hole.

The only "system metadata" that would need changing is
pg_class.relhasoids.  However, it's certainly necessary to rewrite
all the physical table rows (and hence all the table's indexes).

I don't know a lot about pg_repack, but I'm a bit skeptical that
it can really make that transparent.  I'm even more skeptical that
it could almost support it except this obvious use-case never
occurred to the developers.  I suspect that either the support
already exists but you missed it, or else there's some fundamental
stumbling block.  Maybe go discuss this with the pg_repack
developers?  (Maybe they read pgsql-general, but I wouldn't count
on it.)

От: Ron Johnson
Сообщение: Re: Removing oids with pg_repack
От: Hans Schou
Сообщение: Feature request: pg_get_tabledef(text)