Re: pgsql-server/src/include/catalog pg_proc.h

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql-server/src/include/catalog pg_proc.h
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
> No - that was for my pg_stat_reset patch, and at the time of submission it
> didn't conflict with any other oids...

Yeah, things are moving so quickly now that patches which add catalog
items may easily hit each other in transit.  The best short-term
solution seems to be to expect committers to run 'duplicate_oids' before
committing anything that adds catalog entries.

In the long run we might want to think about reassigning the
hand-assigned OIDs in some more-rational fashion; the current OID layout
is a complete mess with no visible rhyme or reason...