Re: [pgadmin-support] Stability and compatability issues on windows xp

От J.F. Oster
Тема Re: [pgadmin-support] Stability and compatability issues on windows xp
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hello,

NZ> So, is it planned e.g. to publish some beta windows binaries?

+1 for publishing beta binaries.

NZ> I'm on windows xp sp3 (32-bit).

Windows XP is not supported officially, http://www.pgadmin.org/download/windows.php
  From v1.16.0, Windows XP/2003 or later is required, and from 1.20.0, Windows Vista/2008 is required.

But there was a commit related to XP after 1.20 release:
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgadmin3.git;a=commit;h=b845880cc1352820b14a1e9af7b56eb3a513a38b
So probably it is supposed to work :)

NZ> If not, would it make sense to go into trouble of finding visual studio
NZ> somewhere and compiling myself? Would anyone be able to assist me so as
NZ> to try to get next release really usable on windows?

Building on Windows is somewhat tricky. I can assist but note that I
build on Windows 7 and have never seen the bug you described.

NZ> So I'm wondering, is it supposed that windows xp has to be immediately
NZ> abandoned, or maybe nobody is much interested in testing/using on
NZ> windows platform altogether anymore so issues on windows just do not get
NZ> discovered?

I think there are numerous pgAdmin III users on Windows 7.

--
Best regards,
 J.F.

Сообщение: Re: [pgadmin-support] Stability and compatability issues on windows xp
Сообщение: Re: [pgadmin-support] Stability and compatability issues on windows xp