Re: Custom/Foreign-Join-APIs (Re: [v9.5] Custom Plan API)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Custom/Foreign-Join-APIs (Re: [v9.5] Custom Plan API)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Your unwillingness to make functions global or to stick PGDLLIMPORT
> markings on variables that people want access to is hugely
> handicapping extension authors.  Many people have complained about
> that on multiple occasions.  Frankly, I find it obstructionist and
> petty.

Sure, we could export every last static function in the core code,
and extension authors would rejoice ... while development on the core
code basically stops for fear of breaking extensions.  It's important
not to export things that we don't have to, especially when doing so
is really just a quick-n-dirty substitute for doing things properly.