Re: Vacuuming the operating system documentation

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Vacuuming the operating system documentation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2020-06-06 06:57, Thomas Munro wrote:
>> We're carrying a bunch of obsolete and in one case insecure advice on
>> kernel settings.  Here's an attempt to clean some of that up.

> These changes seem sensible to me.

+1

>> HP-UX:
>> * Drop advice for v10.  11.x came out 23 years ago.

> We still have a version 10 in the build farm. :)

Yeah, but I don't need advice on installing PG on that ;-).  In general,
I think the filter rule could be: is it likely that someone would try to
install PG 13-or-later from scratch (with no pre-existing installation)
on this OS version?  If there is a pre-existing install, they'll already
have dealt with any kernel configuration issues.

So I concur with dropping all this stuff, and while we're at it I'd vote
for getting rid of the oom_adj para.  RHEL6 will be fully EOL around the
time PG13 comes out, so I don't believe anyone's making brand new installs
there either.