Re: Slow while inserting and retrieval (compared to SQL Server)

От sivapostgres@yahoo.com
Тема Re: Slow while inserting and retrieval (compared to SQL Server)
Дата
Re: Slow while inserting and retrieval (compared to SQL Server)  (Thomas Kellerer <shammat@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

Using Postgres 11 in Windows Server 2012 & Powerbuilder
Working from the same machine where Postgres 11 is installed.   So no chance for any network issue, I feel.
No setup/config change done.  Just working with all the default settings.
With no data in any of the 179 tables in that database.

To populate some basic data we try to insert few records (max 4 records) in few tables (around 6 tables) from one window.  We feel that the insert time taken is longer than the time taken while using Sql Server.   We tested almost a similar window that updated the similar table(s) in SQL server, which was faster.  With Postgres database, we need to wait for a couple of seconds before the insert/update is over, which we didn't feel in Sql Server.

I feel that some changes in settings might improve this speed, but with not much knowledge in Postgres I struggle to find out those setup values.

Any help in improving the speed is really appreciated.

Happiness Always
BKR Sivaprakash