Re: Stats Collector Error 7.4beta1 and 7.4beta2

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Stats Collector Error 7.4beta1 and 7.4beta2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jan Wieck <JanWieck@Yahoo.com> writes:
> Redhat 7.1 says
>         The file descriptor sockfd must refer to a socket.  If the
>         socket is of type SOCK_DGRAM then the serv_addr address is
>         the address to which datagrams are sent  by  default,  and
>         the  only  address  from which datagrams are received.  If

> Looks like the test is obsolete. Any objections to remove it? Do people
> agree that it's a bugfix that can go into 7.4?

The test is not "obsolete"; we understood when we wrote it that it
should theoretically be redundant with the kernel-level restriction.
But there may be systems out there that fail to make the check promised
by the HPUX and Linux manpages.  So I'd prefer to leave it in there if
we can.  I don't want to rip it out simply because we don't understand
why it's failing on Adam's setup.

What I'm wondering about is whether we are comparing the right number of
bytes ... have both address structs been reported to have the same
length?  Maybe we need a min().