Re: Question on pgbench output

От: Tom Lane
Тема: Re: Question on pgbench output
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Question on pgbench output  (David Kerr, )
 Re: Question on pgbench output  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: Question on pgbench output  (David Kerr, )
   Re: Question on pgbench output  (Tom Lane, )
 Re: Question on pgbench output  (Scott Marlowe, )
 Re: Question on pgbench output  (Greg Smith, )
  Re: Question on pgbench output  (Tom Lane, )
   Re: Question on pgbench output  (David Kerr, )
    Re: Question on pgbench output  (David Kerr, )
    Re: Question on pgbench output  (Simon Riggs, )

David Kerr <> writes:
> Fortunately the network throughput issue is not mine to solve.

> Would it be fair to say that with the pgbench output i've given so far
> that if all my users clicked "go" at the same time (i.e., worst case
> scenario), i could expect (from the database) about 8 second response time?

For the hardware you've got, and ignoring the network bandwidth issue,
that appears to be a fair estimate of the worst case response.