Re:doc: clarify the limitation for logical replication when REPILICA IDENTITY is FULL

От Sergei Kornilov
Тема Re:doc: clarify the limitation for logical replication when REPILICA IDENTITY is FULL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello

Is this restriction only for the subscriber?

If we have not changed the replica identity and there is no primary key, then we forbid update and delete on the
publicationside (a fairly common usage error at the beginning of using publications).

If we have replica identity FULL (the table has such a column), then on the subscription side, update and delete will
beperformed. But we will not be able to apply them on a subscription. Right?

This is an important difference for real use, when the subscriber is not necessarily postgresql - for example,
debezium.

regards, Sergei