Re: bad function lets postgres crash

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: bad function lets postgres crash
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Clemens Schwaighofer <cs@tequila.co.jp> writes:
> both servers are debian packages 8.1.9-1, but on the one that crashed I
> increased the stack depth to 8192. Could it be that postgres ran out of
> memory and terminated itself?

Increasing the stack depth parameter to more than what the kernel really
allows *will* cause crashes, whenever the kernel's limit is exceeded.
Check the ulimit settings the postmaster was started under.

Since (I think) 8.2 we have some code in there that tries to prevent
setting max_stack_depth higher than is safe; but older versions assume
you know what you're doing.