Re: When the Session ends in PGSQL?

От Vincent de Phily
Тема Re: When the Session ends in PGSQL?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Monday 04 July 2011 13:50:46 Durumdara wrote:
> > The running query will be rolled back when the session ends. Note that
> > "when the session ends" must be understood from the server's point of
> > view, not the client's.
>
> As I understand you then running Queries forced to abort on the end of
> Session and no more Query running over the session's ending point (or
> after TCP connection broken).

Yes.

> > Stored procedures will remain. Note that "stored procedures" in postgres
> > are a bit different from what you may be used to in other dbs; while I
> > assure you it's for the better, you might want to RTFM to avoid
> > surprises.
>
> Please explain a little this (Just 1-2 sentence please).
> Or suggest me some info, if possible... :-) (Prayer) :-)
> I want to know about differences.

Sorry it's a vast subject, and what you would be surprised by depends on what
you expect. Start here :
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/xfunc.html
The postgres docs are well written; read them at your leisure like a book,
follow the links where curiosity leads you, it can actually be entertaining :)

--
Vincent de Phily

Сообщение: Re: When the Session ends in PGSQL?
Сообщение: Re: When the Session ends in PGSQL?