Re: psql 14.7/15.2 report a bogus syntax error on function and procedure files that use BEGIN ATOMIC

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: psql 14.7/15.2 report a bogus syntax error on function and procedure files that use BEGIN ATOMIC
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
David Adams <dpadams@gmail.com> writes:
> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION tools.tell_me_how_atomic()
> RETURNS text
> LANGUAGE SQL
> BEGIN ATOMIC
> return 'atomic';
> END;
> [ throws a syntax error ]

This works for me.  I wonder if you have some issues with bogus
invisible characters in your actual input file.  Copying and
pasting from your mail (but removing the schema name for
convenience), I got

regression=# CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION tell_me_how_atomic()
regression-#
regression-# RETURNS text
regression-#
regression-# LANGUAGE SQL
regression-#
regression-# BEGIN ATOMIC
regression-#
regression-# return 'atomic';
regression-#
regression-# END;
CREATE FUNCTION
regression=# select * from tell_me_how_atomic()
regression-# ;
 tell_me_how_atomic
 atomic
(1 row)