Re: Segfault in 9.0 inlining SRF

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Segfault in 9.0 inlining SRF
Дата
Re: Segfault in 9.0 inlining SRF  (Brendan Jurd <direvus@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
Brendan Jurd <direvus@gmail.com> writes:
> I have encountered a reproducible segfault in Postgres, and confirmed
> it in 9.0.1 and HEAD on three separate machines.  The bug was not
> present in 8.4.  I've attached a copy of the SQL script I have been
> using to induce the segfault.
> I had a go at investigating the cause of the bug, but didn't have much
> success as I'm not at all familiar with the guts of the optimizer.

Looks like the invalItems list has been clobbered:

(gdb) p *root->glob->invalItems
$6 = {type = 2139062143, length = 2139062143, head = 0x7f7f7f7f,  tail = 0x7f7f7f7f}

I'm guessing it was modified in the temporary memory context and not
properly copied out to the parent context when we finished inlining
the function.