BUG #16663: DROP INDEX did not free up disk space: idle connection hold file marked as deleted

От PG Bug reporting form
Тема BUG #16663: DROP INDEX did not free up disk space: idle connection hold file marked as deleted
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      16663
Logged by:          Denis Patron
Email address:      denis.patron@previnet.it
PostgreSQL version: 11.9
Operating system:   CentOS 7

I have an index, which at the file system level, is made up of multiple
segments (file: <id>.1, <id>.2 ecc). When I DROP INDEX, the index is dropped
in Postgresql but at the file system level, the segments are marked as
"deleted". if I check with the lsof command, I see that the segments are in
use from an idle connection. This does not happen if the index is formed by
only one segment (in my case <1Gb). How can I prevent this?
thanks