Re: 7.2 Beta2 bug report

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 7.2 Beta2 bug report
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Kevin Jacobs <jacobs@penguin.theopalgroup.com> writes:
> I'm not very familiar with the grammar, but it seems strange that this works
> when timestamp does not:

>    test=# create table test (date date);

Type "date" hasn't got all those gnarly SQL92-isms that we support now:
TIMESTAMPTIMESTAMP(precision)TIMESTAMP WITH TIME ZONETIMESTAMP(precision) WITH TIME ZONETIMESTAMP WITHOUT TIME
ZONETIMESTAMP(precision)WITHOUT TIME ZONE

However, I'm wondering if something could be done by not having an
explicit production for the first of these, only the other ones.
Off to experiment with bison ...