Re: Fix for HP-UX shared library builds

От Giles Lean
Тема Re: Fix for HP-UX shared library builds
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Peter Eisentraut writes:

> >   ifeq ($(PORTNAME), hpux)
> > ! # HPUX doesn't believe in version numbers for shlibs
>
> Once upon the time this was true.  When did it change, and do we still
> care about the pre-change versions?

The releases of HP-UX that HP support are 11.X (the current release)
and 10.X, supported until 2003-06-30.  Certainly these releases both
have versioned shared libraries, and I tested the patch on them.

The previous HP-UX release 9.X ended support by the end of 1999.  I
doubt if anyone cares about PostgreSQL on HP-UX 9.X, but if they do
speaking up and putting themselves on record in the archives would
be a Good Idea. :-)

I don't know if the comment was ever true; it may have been.  I can't
say when (if) it changed although I can find out if anyone's really
curious.

> > !   shlib            := lib$(NAME)$(DLSUFFIX)
> > !   LINK.shared        = $(LD) -b +b $(libdir)
> >   endif
> >
> >   ifeq ($(PORTNAME), irix5)
> > --- 126,133 ----
> >   endif
> >
> >   ifeq ($(PORTNAME), hpux)
> > !   shlib            := lib$(NAME)$(DLSUFFIX).$(SO_MAJOR_VERSION)
> > !   LINK.shared        = $(LD) +h $(shlib) -b +b $(libdir)
>
> This should probably be +h $(soname).

I wasn't sure which was preferred.  The values of $(soname) and
$(shlib) in this case are identical.

Regards,

Giles