Re: Darwin compile flags

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Darwin compile flags
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> In early versions you needed to use it to turn of the header precompiler.
> (The precompiler is apparently buggy.)  Now there is a separate flag for
> that.

I just two days ago verified that with Apple's latest compiler release,
you can only build PG with -no-cpp-precomp.  -traditional-cpp fails, and
so does leaving off the cpp option entirely (in a different way though).
They seem to have changed the behavior of -traditional-cpp, because it
used to work with older Apple compilers.  (So much for tradition ...)

I think these failures represent bugs in Apple's preprocessors, given that
everything else under the sun can compile PG.  But it's not really worth
worrying about; we'll just use the recommended flag and be done with it.