Re: Augment every test postgresql.conf

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Augment every test postgresql.conf
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> writes:
> Looking more closely, we already have the TEMP_CONFIG variable and apply it to
> everything except TAP suites.  Closing that gap, as attached, is enough.  The
> buildfarm client uses TEMP_CONFIG to implement its extra_config setting, so
> this will cause extra_config to start applying to TAP suites.

Seems reasonable, but it might be a good idea to warn the buildfarm-owners
list before committing.  (Although I guess it wouldn't be hard to check
the buildfarm database to see if anyone is putting anything interesting
into their critters' TEMP_CONFIG.)

Also, if we're to do this, it seems like applying it to back branches
would be helpful --- but will it work in all the back branches?