Re: SPI question (or not): trying to read from Large Objects from within a function

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: SPI question (or not): trying to read from Large Objects from within a function
Дата
Список pgsql-general
David Helgason <david@uti.is> writes:
> These internal functions (loread/lowrite) have quite different
> signatures from their C equivalents (as opposed to lo_lseek). Found out
> from the sources that I was using it very incorrectly.

I had just realized from reading your last message that you were trying
to write server-side functions, and reading the client-side
documentation to do so :-(.  The server-side stuff is really not the
same API at all, though it tends to use the same function names.
In general, you have to be prepared to read the source code when writing
server-side stuff.