Re: BUG #15300: "do you want the application "postgres" to accept incoming network connections" dialog box madness

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #15300: "do you want the application "postgres" to accept incoming network connections" dialog box madness
Дата
Ответ на BUG #15300: "do you want the application "postgres" to acceptincoming network connections" dialog box madness  (PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org>)
Список pgsql-bugs
[ Please keep the list cc'd for the archives' sake ]

John Daniel <jdjddjdj@gmail.com> writes:
> here is what I got in etc/hosts - this is a copy/paste from the results it
> gave me

> ##
> # Host Database
> #
> # localhost is used to configure the loopback interface
> # when the system is booting.  Do not change this entry.
> ##
> 127.0.0.1       localhost
> 255.255.255.255 broadcasthost
> ::1             localhost
> fe80::1%lo0     localhost

Hah!  So you do have the mysterious "fe80::1%lo0" entry.  I'd suggest
removing that line and seeing if it helps.  (If it doesn't fix it
immediately, then try rebooting.  We don't at this point know whether
a reboot is necessary, and I'm interested to find out, so please do
the experiment just like that.)

If that does fix it, but some other undesirable symptoms appear, that
would be interesting to know too.  I have not seen any problems since
removing that entry on my own Mac years ago, but that's only one data
point.  (A google search suggests that there are lots of Macs without it,
which would help explain why we hear complaints so rarely.  What's not
clear is whether Apple considers it standard or not.)

> And, yes, I have no [me] installed versions of Postgres.
> what I have possibly came in on another installer. [I am having a hard time
> parsing what it even does, much less having a need : ]

Yeah, that's what I'm supposing as well.  There's certainly no copy
of Postgres in a minimal OS X system.  But we don't know what you
have that might've bundled it.

> Is there a uninstaller?

Um, well, you'd have to find out what included Postgres and uninstall
that.  Ripping out only Postgres would presumably break that product,
which I imagine you don't want to do.  The idea here is just to stop
Postgres from listening on an externally-visible port whenever it's
fired up to deal with whatever requests it was installed to deal with.