Re: pg_trgm comparison bug on cross-architecture replication due to different char implementation

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_trgm comparison bug on cross-architecture replication due to different char implementation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> writes:
> On Tue, Apr 30, 2024 at 12:37 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> I think this will break existing indexes that are working fine.
>> Yeah, it would have been better to avoid the difference, but
>> it's too late now.

> True. So it will be a PG18 item.

How will it be any better in v18?  It's still an on-disk
compatibility break for affected platforms.

Now, people could recover by reindexing affected indexes,
but I think we need to have a better justification than this
for making them do so.