Re: extension_control_path

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: extension_control_path
Дата
Re: extension_control_path  (Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri@2ndQuadrant.fr> writes:
> Please find attached to this email a patch implementing a new GUC that
> allows users to setup a list of path where PostgreSQL will search for
> the extension control files at CREATE EXTENSION time.

Why is that a good idea?  It's certainly not going to simplify DBAs'
lives, more the reverse.  ("This dump won't reload." "Uh, where did
you get that extension from?" "Ummm...")

Assuming that there is some need for loading extensions from nonstandard
places, would it be better to just allow a filename specification in
CREATE EXTENSION?  (I don't know the answer, since the use-case isn't
apparent to me in the first place, but it seems worth asking.)