Re: ["Stephen C. Tweedie" ] Re: O_DSYNC flag for open

От Giles Lean
Тема Re: ["Stephen C. Tweedie" ] Re: O_DSYNC flag for open
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
[ Drifting off topic ... ]

> Well, that guy might know all about Linux, but he doesn't know anything
> about HPUX (at least not any version I've ever run).  O_SYNC is
> distinctly different from O_DSYNC around here.

There is a HP_UX kernel flag 'o_sync_is_o_dsync' which will cause
O_DSYNC to be treated as O_SYNC.  It defaults to being off -- it
is/was a backward compatibility "feature" since HP-UX 9.X (which is
history now) had implemented O_SYNC as O_DSYNC.

http://docs.hp.com/cgi-bin/otsearch/getfile?id=/hpux/onlinedocs/os/KCparam.OsyncIsOdsync.html

Regards,

Giles