Re: pg_dump usage - problems with restore due to the use of tab delimiters

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_dump usage - problems with restore due to the use of tab delimiters
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Rich Ryan" <rich@usedcars.com> writes:
> Lots of my records have linebreaks in them (the ^M character), but only a
> few of them with a certain pattern of linebreaks seem to confuse
> pgsql.

*All* of them are wrong.  The ones that aren't causing an error are the
ones where the last field is a textual field --- and what's happening
there is that the ^M is being taken as a data character, which you
won't want.

Bottom line: do not allow Windoze to get its hands on a pg_dump script.
LF->CR/LF translation is not something you want to happen to that file.