BUG #16554: Consistent sequence gaps occuring next day

От PG Bug reporting form
Тема BUG #16554: Consistent sequence gaps occuring next day
Дата
Re: BUG #16554: Consistent sequence gaps occuring next day  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      16554
Logged by:          Amit Ahuja
Email address:      toamitahuja@yahoo.co.in
PostgreSQL version: 10.7
Operating system:   Linux GNU

I am currently working on the following postgres version hosted on
RDS/Aurora -
PostgreSQL 10.7 on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc (GCC) 4.9.3, 64-bit

I work as DB modeller and have created several sequences for the existing
tables.
The sequences have been created with generic 'create sequence seq_name' sql
statement and default parameters remain the same (cache is 1 , start val is
1 etc).
The application/db are hosted on amazon AWS.
It has been observed that the sequences are starting with a gap of around 30
( more or less) the next day. The sequences are generated sequentially
(continuous with no gaps) on/within the same day. However once the
application/server is stopped and restarted the next day , the sequence
starts with a gap ( mostly around 30 or may be 10 , 20 etc). Even though the
default cache value of these sequences is 1 , I am not sure why are these
gaps occurring the next day and how can I resolve this . Kindly suggest .

Regards,
Amit