Re: Select parser at runtime

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Select parser at runtime
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Ian Lance Taylor <ian@airs.com> writes:
> This patch doesn't actually replace the entire backend/parser
> subdirectory.  It mainly only replaces scan.l and gram.y.  This is
> because the code in postgres.c still passes the result of the replaced
> parser to pg_analyze_and_rewrite().

Oh, of course, how silly of me.  I was thinking that that call did the
analyze step too, but you're correct that it does not.  Okay, replacing
lexer+syntaxer is a more reasonable chunk-size.  (AFAIK there's no good
way to replace just part of a yacc/bison grammar on the fly, so you
couldn't go to a finer grain anyway, could you?)