Re: pg_restore won't create database

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_restore won't create database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Christopher J. Bottaro" <cjbottaro@alumni.cs.utexas.edu> writes:
> $ pg_restore -C -d test_backup_db backup.pgd
> pg_restore: [archiver (db)] connection to database "test_backup_db" failed:
> FATAL:  database "test_backup_db" does not exist

> What am I doing wrong?  Thank you for the help.

Trying to connect to a database that doesn't exist yet.

The usual approach is something like

    pg_restore -C -d template1 backup.pgd

Note you can only use -C to restore to a database named the same as the
dump was taken from.  If you want to restore into a different database
name, you can't use -C; instead the plan is

    createdb new_db
    pg_restore -d new_db backup.pgd