Re: [HACKERS] Runtime Partition Pruning

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Runtime Partition Pruning
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
>> What do people think about adding something like this errbacktrace()
>> from Álvaro's patch to core PostgreSQL?

> I think we did discuss it right after that, or somewhere nearby, and
> concluded that the output is so imprecise that it's not really going
> to be worth whatever portability issues we'd have to deal with.

Hmm, after some digging in the archives, the closest thing I can find
is this thread:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CAMsr%2BYGL%2ByfWE%3DJvbUbnpWtrRZNey7hJ07%2BzT4bYJdVp4Szdrg%40mail.gmail.com

where we discussed using libunwind instead, but people didn't like
the extra dependency.

However, I stand by the assertion that glibc's backtrace() is too
imprecise to be useful; I've experimented with it and despaired of
being able to tell where control had actually been.