Re: Unicode database + JDBC driver performance

От Jan Ploski
Тема Re: Unicode database + JDBC driver performance
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Dec 30, 2002 at 09:10:24AM -0800, Barry Lind wrote:
> Jan,
>
> You are correct, the 7.3 performance improvement was only implemented
> for the decode method, not the encode method, so inserts will still have
> the problem on certain jvms.
>
> You can look at the 7.3 version of org.postgresql.core.Encoding to see
> what the code is using to do character set conversions.  If you want to
> submit a patch that handles the encoding case as well, that would be great.

Hello,

I wrote an optimized UTF8Encoder class, which I will send to you
in private. To finish this thread and for the archive, here are my
benchmark's results with the improved version, compared to those with
the original 7.3.1 driver (again, JDK 1.3.1 + Linux).

Take care -
JPL

INSERT benchmark

client (7.3.1 JDBC driver, old)