Re: [GENERAL] missing public on schema public

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [GENERAL] missing public on schema public
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Bo Thorbjørn Jensen <bo@budget123.dk> writes:
> I have some additional info and a fix.
> Firstly steps to reproduce:

Yeah, I can reproduce this.  I suspect it got broken by Stephen's hacking
around with default ACLs.  A simple example is

$ pg_dump -c -U postgres postgres | grep -i public
DROP SCHEMA public;
-- Name: public; Type: SCHEMA; Schema: -; Owner: postgres
CREATE SCHEMA public;
ALTER SCHEMA public OWNER TO postgres;
-- Name: SCHEMA public; Type: COMMENT; Schema: -; Owner: postgres
COMMENT ON SCHEMA public IS 'standard public schema';
-- Name: public; Type: ACL; Schema: -; Owner: postgres
GRANT ALL ON SCHEMA public TO PUBLIC;

That's fine, but if I shove it through an archive file:

$ pg_dump -f p.dump -Fc -U postgres postgres

$ pg_restore -c p.dump | grep -i public
DROP SCHEMA public;
-- Name: public; Type: SCHEMA; Schema: -; Owner: postgres
CREATE SCHEMA public;
ALTER SCHEMA public OWNER TO postgres;
-- Name: SCHEMA public; Type: COMMENT; Schema: -; Owner: postgres
COMMENT ON SCHEMA public IS 'standard public schema';

This is *REALLY BAD*.  Quite aside from the restore being wrong,
those two sequences should never ever give different results.
Stephen, you put some filtering logic in the wrong place in pg_dump.