'CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION' behavior whenever a transaction is running

От PG Doc comments form
Тема 'CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION' behavior whenever a transaction is running
Дата
Список pgsql-docs

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/14/sql-createfunction.html

The page does not mention what is the default behavior whenever a function
is replaced while the same function is being used in another
query/transaction.

Does the query fail? Does the 'CREATE OR REPLACE' operation fail? Does the
query finish before the function is replaced?

As a side note, my interest in this came from our need to use 'C-Language
Functions', aka binary functions, so it would be neat to also add what is
the behavior on those as well, if there's any difference.