Re: Major Problems with pg_dump

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Major Problems with pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
=?iso-8859-1?Q?K=D6PFERL_Robert?= <robert.koepferl@sonorys.at> writes:
> 2. Dumping schema+data types and domains are dumped in the wrong order.
> Types don't get defined due to missing domains. Hmmm?

> 3. pg_dump writes FUNCTIONs with $$ instead of ' as frame for their body.
> However postgres seems to not like that. Why, how, I dunno?

Apparently you are dumping with an 8.0 pg_dump and trying to load into a
previous-generation backend.  That is never guaranteed to work and it's
particularly likely to not work from 8.0 to older backends.

However, 8.0 pg_dump should have solved the incorrect-dump-order
problem.  Could we see a specific example of #2 occurring with the 8.0
dump?