Re: pg_dump is broken for partition tablespaces

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_dump is broken for partition tablespaces
Дата
Re: pg_dump is broken for partition tablespaces
Список pgsql-hackers
David Rowley <david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> As far as I can see, the biggest fundamental difference with doing
> things this way will be that the column order of partitions will be
> preserved, where before it would inherit the order of the partitioned
> table.  I'm a little unsure if doing this column reordering was an
> intended side-effect or not.

Well, if the normal behavior results in changing the column order,
it'd be necessary to do things differently in --binary-upgrade mode
anyway, because there we *must* preserve column order.  I don't know
if what you're describing represents a separate bug for pg_upgrade runs,
but it might.  Is there any test case for the situation left behind by
the core regression tests?