Re: Solving the OID-collision problem

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Solving the OID-collision problem
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Can I ask what happens if we end up re-using a recently de-allocated
> OID? Specifically, can a cached plan (e.g. plpgsql function) end up
> referring to an object created after it was planned:

Definitely a potential risk, but not one to be solved by the sorts
of mechanisms we are discussing here.  The answer to that one is
invalidation of cached plans using the SI message mechanism or some
extension thereof.  I think Neil Conway was looking into this fairly
recently, but it didn't get done for 8.1.