Data Type Size Calculation

От PG Doc comments form
Тема Data Type Size Calculation
Дата
Список pgsql-docs

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/datatype-numeric.html

> The actual storage requirement is two bytes for each group of four decimal
digits, plus three to eight bytes overhead.

Please describe what 'overhead' means.

I'd like to be able to calculate the data size of NUMBER(19,4). I can
calculate 2 bytes per 4 digits... with 19 digits, I have 5 groups of 4
digits,

so the data length I seek is 5 bytes + overhead... then I'm left hanging.
:(

Troy.
#

От: Erwin Brandstetter
Сообщение: Re: PL/pgSQL PERFORM WITH query
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Data Type Size Calculation