Re: Data loss, vacuum, transaction wrap-around

От pgsql@mohawksoft.com
Тема Re: Data loss, vacuum, transaction wrap-around
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 pgsql@mohawksoft.com wrote:
>
>> > On Sat, Feb 19, 2005 at 18:04:42 -0500,

>> QA
>> Vacuuming
>> >
>> > Except that Postgres isn't a large company and doing the work of
>> > back patching and testing old versions will be done instead of
>> > more important work.
>>
>> PostgreSQL is an open source project that plays with the big guys. Look
>> at
>> the Linux kernel. Imagine their file system guys thinking this way.
>> Linux
>> would still be Linus' hobbie.
>
> So, you are certain that every Linux file system bug has been patched all
> the way back to say kernel version 1.0 then?  Do you have any evidence of
> this claim?

No one is suggesting back to version 1.0, but critical data loss bugs that
are present and relvent in used prior versions are fixed.

>> > I don't think all commercial companies would do that. I doubt that
>> even
>> > most of them would.
>>
>> Database companies? You bet they would.
>
> Do you have any evidence or are you merely spouting an opinion as fact?

With Oracle and DB2, yes I have some personal experience.

От: Stephan Szabo
Сообщение: Re: Data loss, vacuum, transaction wrap-around
От: Robert Treat
Сообщение: Re: Get rid of system attributes in pg_attribute?