Re: [HACKERS] Re: Inheritance docs error.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: Inheritance docs error.
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Hannu Krosing <hannu@tm.ee> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
> >               | OF <user-defined type>
> >                   [ <subtable clause> ]
> >                   [ <table element list> ]
>
> to me it seems that only this is OR-d : <table element list> | OF
> <user-defined type>
> and the rest ([ <subtable clause> ],[ <table element list> ])is just
> optional

The grammar is less than perfectly clear, isn't it?  But that reading
just doesn't make any sense, because it would allow <table contents
source> to be (among other things) <table element list> <table element list>
which I am sure is not what they intend.  The last line has to be part
of the second alternative, it seems to me, and therefore the
next-to-last line is too.