Re: Time limit for a process to hold Content lock in Buffer Cache

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Time limit for a process to hold Content lock in Buffer Cache
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Atri Sharma <atri.jiit@gmail.com> writes:
> Right.I believe this is part of the standard way in which we handle
> interrupts,right? Making sure that we cancel a query when the backend
> is in a state to do so,not when the interrupt actually comes in,right?

Right, the actual signal handler will only kill the query immediately
if the backend is in a safe state (eg, while it's waiting for a
heavyweight lock).  Otherwise it just sets a flag that's checked by
CHECK_FOR_INTERRUPTS.  See StatementCancelHandler in postgres.c.

Сообщение: Re: Time limit for a process to hold Content lock in Buffer Cache
Сообщение: Re: Time limit for a process to hold Content lock in Buffer Cache