Re: Cursors and Transactions, why?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Cursors and Transactions, why?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
<wespvp@syntegra.com> writes:
> Is this hang on COMMIT when using WITH HOLD to be expected?

Yes.  WITH HOLD is not magic, it just makes a materialized copy of the
SELECT result.  If you're talking about a multi-million-row result,
it's gonna take awhile.

> The kludge solution I implemented was to write out all the data I
> needed from table A to a file, then read that file and update table B.

In theory at least, that should not be any faster than a WITH HOLD
cursor, since you're effectively replicating the same functionality
outside the database ...