Re: socket calls in signal handler (WAS: APC + socket restrictions un der Win32?)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: socket calls in signal handler (WAS: APC + socket restrictions un der Win32?)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Magnus Hagander" <mha@sollentuna.net> writes:
> To me this sounds like we have to make a general solution, and not win32
> specific, to get the socket calls out of the signal handler.

Hold on one second here.  I thought this thread was discussing some
local problem in the Win32 workaround for lack of signals?

The postmaster's use of nominally unsafe stuff in signal handlers is not
and never has been a problem, because there is only one place in the
main loop where signals are unblocked, thus no possibility for something
to interrupt something else.  I don't like the idea of redesigning that
code just because someone misunderstands it.