Re: PITR - Some data is not recovered.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PITR - Some data is not recovered.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
OKADA Satoshi <okada.satoshi@lab.ntt.co.jp> writes:
> I'm testing PITR using pgbench and postgresql ver.8.0bata.

Is this actually the official beta1 version, or is it a snapshot from
last week sometime?  In the first commit that had pg_start_backup(),
there wasn't any logic to ensure that the recovery replay would really
start from before the backup began.  If a checkpoint occurred after you
started the tar run but before tar got around to copying pg_control,
the recovery wouldn't work properly.  I can't be sure but your report
seems consistent with such a problem.

[ digs in CVS logs ]  The necessary additional code was committed in
revision 1.155 of src/backend/access/transam/xlog.c.  If you have 1.154
please update and try again.  If you do have 1.155 or later then we
need to look closer.