Re: BUG #2766: erratic segfault in libpq/DBD::Pg

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #2766: erratic segfault in libpq/DBD::Pg
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"Karl DeBieechop" <kdebisschop@alert.infoplease.com> writes:
> error is completely erratic - will work 10 times, then fail. or fail 10 time
> then work. So I have not been able to find a reporduacble test case. But
> here's a trace:

> *** glibc detected *** /usr/bin/perl: realloc(): invalid pointer: 0x091c2f94
> ***

This looks like either an extra-free or a memory clobber problem.  Try
running your example under a debugging malloc package to see if that
doesn't narrow down the source of the problem.  I've had success with
ElectricFence in the past, valgrind might help too.