Re: range_agg

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: range_agg
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> Actually ... have you given any thought to just deciding that ranges and
> multiranges are the same type?  That is, any range can now potentially
> contain multiple segments?  That would eliminate a whole lot of the
> tedious infrastructure hacking involved in this patch, and let you focus
> on the actually-useful functionality.

Also, this would allow us to remove at least one ugly misfeature:

regression=# select '[1,2]'::int4range + '[3,10)'::int4range;
 ?column?
 [1,10)
(1 row)

regression=# select '[1,2]'::int4range + '[4,10)'::int4range;
ERROR:  result of range union would not be contiguous

If the result of range_union can be a multirange as easily as not,
we would no longer have to throw an error here.

Сообщение: Re: Add an optional timeout clause to isolationtester step.
Сообщение: Re: Add an optional timeout clause to isolationtester step.