Re: Feature Request: DDL + RegExp - definitions

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Feature Request: DDL + RegExp - definitions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 11:30 AM, Richard Broersma
>> The following email illustrates the behavior that is undesirable (to me).
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/pgadmin-support@postgresql.org/msg11482.html

> this is IMO not a feature, but a bug.

No, it's not a bug, it's just an unfortunate side-effect of the pushups
we've had to go through to get to standard conforming strings.

I seriously doubt that we would add a feature of the sort Richard
suggests, because with standard_conforming_strings turned on (which is
the default as of 9.1), there is no issue.  Forcing E'' syntax would
make the results of pg_getviewdef less standards-compliant, not more so,
and that's not a direction we want to go in.

If you find the warnings about backslashes annoying and unhelpful, you
can turn off escape_string_warning --- they're only there to help
identify code that is likely to have an issue when moved to an
environment with standard_conforming_strings turned on.