Re: The dbase conrtib doesn't compile

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: The dbase conrtib doesn't compile
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> The -liconv used to be there before in 7.1 and earlier.  It was only
> removed in September.  Are you saying those system calls work for you,
> but you don't have a libiconv?

The <iconv.h> routines live in libc on HPUX.  And on Red Hat Linux
(I suppose also on other Linux flavors, but RHL 7.2 is the only one
I have handy to check).  And presumably on whatever platform Peter uses,
else he'd not have removed the -liconv.

Christopher has not yet opined on where they are on his platform...
though since it's a BSD variant, it might be the same as yours.

To fix this correctly we'd need to add configure tests for <iconv.h>
and libiconv.  I'm disinclined to do that, partly because it'd slow
down configure for everyone whether they intended to build contrib/dbase
or not, but mainly because in the present state of the build process
it'd cause libiconv (if present) to be linked to *every* executable
we build.

I wonder if it's practical for contrib modules to have their own
mini-configure checks above and beyond what the main configure script
does?

In the meantime, I don't really care that much whether dbase/Makefile
contains -liconv or not; clearly, that will help some platforms and
hurt others no matter which way we jump.  I was just pointing out
that your makefile change is not a clear win.

Сообщение: Re: The dbase conrtib doesn't compile
Сообщение: Re: The dbase conrtib doesn't compile